As part of our Parish community we invite you to take part in some of the liturgical or pastoral ministries that support the services we provide.
- Scripture Reader: reading the Scriptures at Mass clearly and confidently. Regular roster
- Extra-ordinary minister of Communion: helping distribute communion at Mass, both the consecrated bread and the cup. Regular roster
- Musician/singer: organist, keyboard or guitar player, cantor – all helping the assembly to sing as Mass. Regular roster
- Altar Server: young people assisting at Mass with books, vessels, candles etc. Regular roster
- Leader Children’s Liturgy: celebrating the Liturgy of the Word with children at our Masses. Regular roster
- Sacristan: helping to open and close the Church for Masses, weddings and other events. Setting up and putting away the vessels, books used in the liturgy.
- Parish Family Focus Group: helps in deepening parish/school relationship by coordinating with the school community in promoting and encouraging more participation at mass especially the St. Columba’s Family Mass.
- Deanery Pastoral Council: representing the Parish on the deanery council and facilitating parish participation in deanery projects.
- Parish Pastoral Council (PPC): here at KBCC we have two pastoral councils for the two parishes. The PPC is charged with the responsibility of assisting and promoting the parish pastoral and apostolic works. Collaborates with the parish priest in communicating the mission of love and the values of Jesus.
- Parish Finance Council (PFC): meets once a quarter, like the PPC, each parish in KBCC has its finance council too. The PFC helps in managing the finance of the parishes, which includes approving of parish budget and expenses.
- St. Vincent de Paul: offering practical help (food, furniture, blankets etc.) to those in need. Learn more here
- Visitation/Communion of the Sick: visiting the sick and the elderly in their homes or in the nursing home, usually bringing them weekly communion.
- Social Committee: KBCC social committees are very vital to the life of the parish. They plan and coordinate social events that contribute in friendship, engagement and community building.
Kedron Brook Catholic Community
23 Lovedale Street, Wilston QLD
Good Samaritan Parish
170 Kedron Brook Road, Wilston (enter via 23 Lovedale St)
115 Beaconsfield Terrace, Gordon Park
St John the Baptist Parish
St John the Baptist
133 South Pine Road, Enoggera
Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception
18 Halle Street, Everton Park